- November 22, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: #BadoMapambano
Bado Mapambano Movement (BMM) is convening family and friends of the late Otieno Kajwang’ to hold a celebration in his honour on November 27 at Waondo, Homa Bay county.
Kajwang’ died while undergoing treatment at Mater Hospital on November 19, 2014.
“We expect to host Cord leader Raila Odinga and a big team of leaders and I hope we can all find time to be part of these celebrations,” Senator Moses Kajwang’ said.
In a statement on Wednesday, Kajwang’ said much had happened during the death of his brother but noted that the love Kenyans had for him had not changed.
“It is already two years since our leader and brother went to sleep. I hope we can find time to pray and comfort the widow, the children and parents,” he said.
Read: In Pictures: Tears as Kajwang’s body arrives at Lee Funeral Home, Raila leads mourners to view body
The Senator said the family has lined up activities to celebrate his late brother “and to thank God for the wonderful moments he shared with all of us”.
Below is the detailed programme of activities:
November 18, 2016
– Medical Camp at Sila Nyakiawo Dispensary, Waondo
– Social and political activities at Waondo Primary School
November 21 – 25
– ID and voter registration: Programme to be circulated
– Men’s football: Kisaka vs Kisui Interlion – Waondo
– Women’s football: Suba Lakers vs Unyaga – Waondo
– Boat Racing – Lwanda Beach
– Prayers and Laying of wreath at Mausoleum by Raila
– Launching of Otieno Kajwang’ TTI by Raila
– Political Rally – Waondo Primary. To be addressed by Raila and Governors, Senators and MPs
– Political Rally – Homa Bay Stadium.