Jaoko Oburu OdingaFounder Executive Chairman
- Siaya County Investments and Resource Mobilization Advisor
- The founding chairman Kenyan Students Association of Nova Scotia
- Western Kenya for Raila 2007
- The founding patron of Friends of Raila 2013 – FORA
- Bachelor of Commerce, Nova Scotia, Halifax – Canada
- Accounting and Finance, Nova Scotia, Halifax – Canada
- A levels, 1990, Zimbabwe
Born in Moscow, Russia in 1971, Jaoko Oburu Odinga lived up to the meaning his Luo name Jaoko (outsider) by living outside Kenya in the Diaspora for almost 20 years. Jaoko is the second grandson of the late Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, 1st Vice President of independent Kenya and second son of Hon. Dr. Oburu Oginga Odinga. Jaoko lived in Zimbabwe from 1984 where he completed his A Levels in 1990 and moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a double major in Accounting and Finance.
At Bado Mapambano anyone and everyone can get involved in various capacities and in various ways. This is why BMM is a movement of millions of volunteers organizing for grassroots inclusive civic engagement and economic opportunities for all.
Jaoko served as the CEO of Afrikbatik Imports which was registered in Halifax Nova Scotia as an importer of African and Indonesian traditional crafts. Upon his return to Kenya in 2005, he was appointed the MD for Afriglobal Enterprises Ltd, a trading and business consultancy company based in Kisumu, Western Kenya.